As noted earlier, the election is drawing to a close, and the liberals behind Amendment V are cranking up the advertising in an effort to try to convince South Dakotans that it’s a “bipartisan” effort. And that actually could not be farther from the truth. The Big Lie in this campaign is that this is a “non-partisan” effort. If you take a hard look at it, it’s all being driven by the Daschle/Johnson machine.
That’s why Slick Rick Weiland & Drey Samuelson sent out that e-mail appeal letter from Daschle and Johnson on October 24th (Which you read about here.)
And that’s why you have a rogue’s gallery of South Dakota liberals who donated to the effort to erase party labels from the ballot, and to remove Independents from the fall election:
- former Democratic Senator Tim Johnson put in another $50k
- former Democratic Senate candidate Rick Weiland $15k
- former Democratic governor candidate Scott Heidepriem $2500
- former Democratic state legislator Sandy Jerstad $1000
- Democratic Senator Tim Johnson’s chief of staff Drey Samuelson $50k
- former SD Democratic Party executive director Bret Healy
- liberal activist Cathy Piersol
- SD Democratic Party’s lawyer Jim Leach
- Democratic appointee Dallas Tonsager
- Jeff Navin (Democratic congresswoman Stephanie Herseth cheif-of-staff and Tom Daschle staffer)
- Daschle political operative Jody Severson
- former SD Democratic legislator Linda Lee Viken
- SD Dem national committeeman Bill Walsh
- Democratic fundraiser Christine Hamilton ($2k)
- Daschle staffer Peter Stavrianos ($1000)
- Democratic governor Kneip cabinet official Rich Garry
- Democratic mayor candidate for Sioux Falls Vernon Brown
If you think this is a bi-partisan effort, don’t kid yourself. It’s not. It’s designed to hide party labels from the public, because Democrats haven’t put the time and effort into cultivating theirs over the years. So, it’s in their own interested to conceal their damaged brand from the voters.
Don’t be fooled. On November 8th, VOTE NO on Amendment V.