I hope most everyone remembers the Obamahealthcare debates and townhall meetings that held. Finally, the Obamahealthcare bill was passed, signed and is now the law of the land. (The courts are taking a swipe at it now) Can we please have a look at it now and find out what is in it?
The Joint Economic Committee has had analysts working on this for several months, sometimes giving up weekends; Peeling layer after layer of bureaucracy over more bureaucracy. Now they can tell us what is in it, sort of:
- $569 billion in higher taxes;
- $529 billion in cuts to Medicare;
- swelling of the ranks of Medicaid by 16 million;
- 17 major insurance mandates; and
- the creation of two new bureaucracies with powers to impose future rationing: the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute and the Independent Payments Advisory Board.
Here is a chart to help you better understand what is in the bill:
you can down load the hi-res version here, (888kb)
Representative Kevin Brady of Texas said this about the chart:
Brady admits committee analysts could not fit the entire health care bill on one chart. ?This portrays only about one-third of the complexity of the final bill. It?s actually worse than this.?
There’s more? This looks more like death by bureaucracy.
That reminds me I need to make an appointment to get my eyes checked.