Thune to Hold Hearing on Freight Rail System Tomorrow in Sioux Falls
WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a full committee field hearing titled “Freight Rail Reform: Implementation of the Surface Transportation Board Reauthorization Act of 2015” tomorrow, August 11, at 1:30 p.m. CDT/2:30 p.m. EDT in Sioux Falls.
The hearing will focus on implementation of the recently enacted Surface Transportation Board Reauthorization Act, the first reauthorization of the Surface Transportation Board (STB) since its creation two decades ago. Sen. Thune introduced this legislation to make the STB more efficient and effective. The hearing continues the committee’s oversight work to help ensure a competitive, efficient, and reliable national rail system.
· Mr. Michael Skuodas, Vice President of Distribution and Business Development, POET
· Mr. Troy Knecht, Vice President, South Dakota Corn Growers Association
· Mr. Tom Heller, Chief Executive Officer, Missouri River Energy Services
· Mr. Dan Mack, Vice President of Transportation and Terminal Operations, CHS, Inc.
· The Honorable Daniel R. Elliott III, Chairman, Surface Transportation Board
· The Honorable Deb Miller, Vice Chairman, Surface Transportation Board
· The Honorable Ann D. Begeman, Board Member, Surface Transportation Board
* Witness list subject to change
Thursday, August 11, 2016
1:30 p.m. CDT / 2:30 p.m. EDT
Full Committee Hearing
Carnegie Town Hall
235 West 10th Street
Sioux Falls, S.D.
Witness testimony and Sen. Thune’s opening statement will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.